If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (973) 810-2825

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Fire from a cigarette placed in the garbage can

The customer was tired and had a cigarette before bed. Used the rest room and put the cigarette in the garbage can and went to bed upstairs. About 45 minutes later he was woken up by the smoke alarms and thick smoke. He got out of the home and the fire department put out the small fire in the bathroom. This could have been much worse. We had to remove all the drywall and the insulation as it was all heavily affected by smoke. We then cleaned all the suds and surrounding area and treated it for odor. Thank god no one was injured in the fire. But it only takes one bad decision to potentially lose your home or a family member. If you are going to smoke always make sure you put it out in a ashtray and make sure it is out before walking away.